Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

Colostrum from breasts - not pregnant

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
hello,
approximately 2 weeks ago, I discovered I had colostrum coming from both breasts. By the second week my nipples looked diffrent and they are very tender to touch. I haven't breast fed in 16 years,and my tubes have been tied for 5 years. I have not missed a cycle and have taken a home pregnancy test, which was negative. There is no redness around the breast area, and no bleeding. What else could this be if I am not pregnant? thanks so much
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Nipple discharge from both breasts and tenderness in the nipple or surrounding breast tissue, could be symptoms of mammary duct ectasia (a milk duct beneath your nipple becomes blocked or clogged), that usually affects women in their 40s or 50s.
Also, a hormonal imbalance due to thyroid conditions or your pituitary gland can cause nipple discharge from both breasts.
You shouldn't worry about breast cancer, since cancer usually causes discharge only from one of the breasts.

Best wishes!
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?