Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

colon cancer

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
Dear all;

I'm writing from Turkey. My dad has colon cancer. He had a surgery 11 month ago, some parth of large intestine ,near to rectum, was taken.Cancer was on 3rd stage. He had 28 radiotheraphy and 10 chemotheraphy,he'll have 2 more chemo.But he has so much pain in his intestine. Is this pain going to stop after chemo finish or going to continue forever? Please help me ,

Thaks a lot and best regards.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2010
I am not sure that I understand why he is having pain. Radiation therapy can cause pain in the rectum and in the anal canal, due to inflammation, but this usually resolves within a couple of weeks after finishing radiation therapy.

Your Dad should certainly ask his Oncologist or/and his Surgeon about the cause of this pain, and about any treatments that might be available to treat it.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Colon Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.