Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Colon cancer relapse

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
I had my first surgery to remove a cancer at the sigmoid colon in Oct, 2008. The pathology report said it is a stage II (T3 N0) and I didn\'t take any chemotherapy as per doctor\'s recommendation. The cancer relapsed and I took the second surgery in Dec., 2011 to remove another tumor approx 10cm up from the last one. It was also stage II( T3 N0, with moderate differentiation). Should I take adjuvant chemotherapy this time? I understand the benefit of chemotherapy is not signifficant for stage II patients.

I also have a strong family trait, 2 of my brothers were diagnosis with colon cancers.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 31st, 2012
TUSUI, I definitely would as a precaution. Please make sure you follow up within 3 months. I waited 6 months because that's what the dr. said and he sent me home cancer free. I came back and had PTScan and CtScan both showed metastasized in lower quad female organs such as ovaries, uterus, pelvis and resection area. I am stage 4 which was diagnosed to me in March of 09... Read my story Stage 4 with metastasis julesangel309.
I wish you all the best, please be proactive and continue to eat well and exercise. Nutrition for cancer is a great book to read. Stay positive always......
|

replied February 9th, 2012
Thanks, Jules,

I went back to my oncologist 2 months after my recent surgery(my 2nd cancer), the blood test did not show any sign of metastasis, and my next appointment will be in 2 months time, then a PAT scan. I am 100% recovered by now, and living a normal life. I did not take any chemotherapy yet and I think it is to late to start now. I am positive so you should also be. Take care....
|

replied March 11th, 2012
tsui.....thinking of you. Hope you are still doing well. It's been rough these past few weeks. After getting Petscan result, tumor in pelvis grew and in lymph nodes. I am being treated again with aggressive chemo. I pray everyday for this to end. I'm too young for this. I am terrified.........need some reassurance ... Is that possible
|