Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Colon cancer- mother died at 80, granfather at 33....

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
My mother died of colon cancer at the age of 80. My grandfather died at the age of 33 of the same cancer. My doctor recommends that I have colonoscopy and gastroscopy. She tells me that I would have general anaesthesia and it is a very safe procedure. I would have to stay in hospital overnight. I am very scared to go ahead with this. I have heard some bad stories about this procedure going wrong. I am a very healthy (in all aspects), slim 52 years old woman. I think I should wait a few more years for this procedure. What do you think? Thank you very much for your advice.
Did you find this post helpful?
|