Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Collection of veins in testicle

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
Dear friends,

I underwent an inguinal groin hernia surgery (right) In July 2003, It was a cut-open surgery and since then things have been quite good, I have been playing active sports, etc. But in Jan 2010, when i was lying down with my 1 year old kid, he just kicked my stomach with a vehement force. After that happened, I developed severe pain in the right testicle and also had symptoms of hernia. I initially thought of a possible recurrence, but the doctors ruled that out. I was asked to undergo a scan of my groin and testicle, and it too came out negative, The doctor said, we should not rush and should wait for 3 months. Now i am seeing a collection of veins over the top of my right testicle, which when i touch move all over the testicle, I dont have any such thing in the left side, though it appears once in a week in the left testicle as well. But it is always present in the right testicle, I again met a GP, and he says nothing to worry. But i feel so much of dragging feeling and irritation, I dont even want to get up and walk. I have a slipped disc as well, and I am not in position to do excersises regularly because of the fear of aggravating my hernia/testicle more. I asked the doctor whether my condition is varicocele or hydrocele, he says it is neither. He says such colleciton of veins happen from time to time.. I dont really undestand what is happening with me... Kindly advise.

A point of note: When i had the hernia for the first time in 2003, i had no issue with testicles before and after the surgery.

Thanks
Ram, Singapore
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2010
A varicocele is a collection of enlarged veins within the scrotum, which based upon your description, would appear to be a possibility in your case (since I cannot examine you, however, I cannot offer you a specific diagnosis).

Perhaps your doctor could refer you to a Urologist for a consultation.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hernia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.