Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

Collar bone pain with cold sympoms

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
Its now Friday evening.
On Wednesday morning I woke up with an extremely sore throat and quickly showed all the symptoms of a cold throughout that day - blocked nose, runny nose (at the same time!?) coughing, sneezing, headache, feeling lathargic. I have a horrible taste in my mouth and can't concentrate. Today, the cold symptoms have lessened a bit (I have been taking the recommended dosage of soluble paracetamol, also dequidin) BUT I have started experiencing 'random' pain throughout my "head area" i.e. my mouth and throat, and my neck, especially my collar bone. When the pain occurs, it stays for about 3-4 mins and it is a sharp stabbing pain. I haven't been to doctor, and I don't want to make a big thing of it, as normally when I have a cold it clears up in up to 5 days, and I have some big exams coming up these next two weeks, so I'm trying to get on with revision fo them! Can someone advise me as to whether
a) the pains are related to the cold;
b) they will just go away or not; and
c) what I should do/take.
Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper 15912
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2009
Supporter
I am sorry I just saw this post..How are oyu doing? How are your exams? Did you go ot the doctor?
|

replied January 21st, 2013
This describes my condition too. Thought I was almost done with the cold, but cough hurts my collarbone... weird.
|