Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Cold sore on vagina ?

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
I suddenly developed itching/burning around vaginal opening, later realized there are 2-3 small red boils on the inner lips and 3-4 red sore like patches around the area. I neva had sex in my life but had a new BF last mth who gave me oral, alltho i did end up with cold sore in my mouth after kissing him ? This is very uncomfo and is making we worry, any advice ?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Shamensharvest
|

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2008
Supporter
It's possible that you contracted herpes from the oral sex. I suggest that you go to an OB-GYN when the sores appear for a diagnosis. The doctor can take a sample of the crusted-over sore to send to the lab for confirmation.
|

User Profile
replied September 8th, 2008
Advanced Support Team
It sounds like hsv2 which is genital herpes. You can get this by receiving oral when the person giving has cold sores on lips/mouth. Especially if you got a cold sore after kissing him, it is very likey you contracted herpes. Please see a doctor so you can be prescribed some medication to ease your symptoms and help prevent further transmission. If it is hsv2 please remember even when you don't have an active outbreak it is still possible to spread it to others.
|

replied September 10th, 2008
It is posible that you have genital herpes from this encounter. You would most likely have HSV1 (not HSV 2) in trhe genital area since most people with cold sores have HSV1.

I say go and get tested ASAP. Your doctor can test the lesions themselves or give you a blood test.
|

replied February 1st, 2009
please help me
I discovered last night that i had a bump on my vaginal area near the opening...
two weeks ago my husband ahad a cold sore on his lip and it cleard up. we had oral sex about a week ago and he said it was closed up and dry, I think that i have cold sore down there. i looked at pictures and blogs and symptoms on all sorts of web sites, and mine does not look like any of them. i think its from me shaving, its a bump with a cut in the middle. could a cut down there get infected from me shaving?? and make my left side of my groin hurt?? or id it a cold sore??
|

replied February 18th, 2011
Do i have gential Herpes ?
Ok so I get occasional coldsores but now I noticed I had like a red bump on my right lip and it freaking hurts !!!! But idk I never had sex or had oral sex so idk what's my situation? What is it herpes simplex 1 but genital like idk I need help!!!!!!!!!
|

replied March 3rd, 2011
Dear Cheesedog - Cold sores are herpes! As much as the public would like to condemn genital herpes, cold sores are caused by the same virus, identical under a microscope, the difference being the preffered latency site. HSVI (in the trigeminal nerve of your face) and HSVII in the dorsal root ganglion near your pelvic region.

THe catch is that HSVI is starting to show up more and more in the genital region. HSVII seldom shows up in its sister site. Nonetheless, the two are herpes. What does that mean for you? Could you spread HSVI to yourself, in your genitals, if you "picked" at your cold sore and immediately wiped your genitals? Well, technically yes - but why would any one do that??

I would recommend that you see a Dr. and get a blood test for HSVI and HSVII. but DON'T PANIC! If it is positive, you have probably been through the worst, and it will be up to you to manage it so that it is nothing more than a pain in the butt.

there are plenty of things that can cause a rash, and the chances of it being herpes is VERY unlikely if you had no form of sexual contact.

I know, I have herpes. Take a deep breath, go to the doctor and get a firm diagnosis. It will be all right.
|
Users who thank Shamensharvest for this post: the808chick 

replied July 31st, 2012
Yes, it's herpes.
Oral cold sores is also called oral herpes since it's caused by Herpes Simplex Virus 1 which is highly contagious, just like genital herpes. Genital herpes is caused by Herpes Simplex Virus 2. To be sure, have yourself checked by a doctor.
|

replied September 8th, 2012
I am freaking out... the other day i noticed a blister type bump on my vagina, it hurt so bad the first day, when i go pee it burns, my leg hurt, all my lower body was in pain. im pretty sure i already know what it is!! but could there be possibilty it's something else?? pls help me im scared.
|

replied April 10th, 2013
Can you contract herpes coldsores even if you used a condom and there were no symptoms on your partners lips or penis??????
A swab test I had came back positive for a coldsore on my vagina and I don't know how I could have got it if my partner had nothing on his mouth or penis, although we used a condom anyway.
Could swab test be wrong, Ive also never had coldsores myself.
I am getting a blood test done.
I'm really scared. Can anyone with herpes simplex 1 give me some advice?Sad
|