Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vascular and Circulatory Disorders Forum

Cold skin hands and feet

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
User Profile
Now with the arrival of winter, I am experiencing constant cold hands and feet. What can I do to warm up and stay warmed up? I'm feeling that my immune system is compromised as I'm shivering & chilly most of the time.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 4th, 2009
Cold skin hands and feet
Is there a chance you could be anemic?
Have you had your thyroid checked? One of the symptoms of hypothyroidism is being cold ( some others are weight gain, dry skin, thinning hair.
Menopausal?

To help stay warm, dress in layers. I have Raynauds, so keeping my hands and feet warm and dry is a must. I wear wool socks in winter...gloves with mittens over. And I exercise to keep blood flowing to extremeties.
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2009
Supporter
Not menopause, as I'm only 33 years old. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check my blood and thyroid. Also, my cousin suggested that I take a hot water bottle with me and place it on my feet. I think I'll try this and see what happens.
|

replied February 11th, 2009
cold hands and feet
I have the same problem. I lost 35 pounds in the last 8 months, thought it might be due to that. I also think I have a pinched nerve in my neck and someone said that could cause it, too. I also drink a lot of caffeine and smoke, so I'm kind of a mess. I am working on redicing everything, because this is painful. it's very annoying to have cold hands and feet when it's 70 degrees.
|
Tags: skin, feet
Quick Reply