Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Cold feeling in throat

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Hello,

I've been having problems with my throat for the past 6 months. I have a cold minty sensations on the back of my throat. It feels more prominent when I breathe.

I also noticed that around the tonsil area and at the back of my throat; it was slightly red.
BUT I DO NOT FEEL PAIN AT ALL. Normally people would say acid reflux. But,I do not have chest pain or burning feeling.

The cold sensations come and go. And it irritates me a lot and make me lose my appetite due to the minty throat.

I really hope that you could help me. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 1st, 2010
i feel i have the same problem and it spreads into my head sometimes, im really not sure what it is either. ive been to 4 doctors and none of them seem to know what is going on?
|

replied April 8th, 2011
If you are a smoker, may be your problem. Generally when you have a cold or chest infection the symptom can go by unnoticed. Because of the aggravation in your throat due to foreign bacteria, smoking or eating spicy, rich foods can cause this cold burning sensation. Also have your ears checked! Smile
|

replied April 8th, 2011
If you are a smoker, may be your problem. Generally when you have a cold or chest infection the symptom can go by unnoticed. Because of the aggravation in your throat due to foreign bacteria, smoking or eating spicy, rich foods can cause this cold burning sensation. Also have your ears checked! Smile
|