Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Coital Cephalgia symptoms ?

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I get every symptom of Coital Cephalgia....except I dont have to have sex/masturbate/ejaculation. Would it be then?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2008
Doctor
If you don't have sex you can't have coital cephalgia. You probably have some other type of headache.
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Coital headache or sexual headache is a type of headache that occurs when nearing the orgasm during sexual intercourse or masturbation.
So, if you are experiencing a headache not related to these circumstances, the headache can't be named as coital headache.

When do you usually get the headache?
Is it always preceded with some strenuous activity?
|

replied July 9th, 2008
The odd thing is I can get them from sexual activity OR I can get them from something like going to a concert and rocking out too much (and I don't mean drugs and alcohol). I've gotten them from both.
|

replied March 31st, 2009
Sex headaches..
One week ago i was having sex and when i was about to orgasm i got this explosive headache that i never experienced before!! ive had migraines that ddint hurt like this!!... every single time i have sex i get these headaches upon orgasm and they last for 24 hrs or more..i went to the doctor and he never heard of it before so i had to tell him what it was after me researching it online!! he gave me some pills that are used for migraines but im afraid to have sex now because i dont want to experience that headache again...why did i suddenly get this when i never had a problem with sex or orgasms before?
|

replied June 24th, 2009
Sexual headaches or sexual migraines
Sounds like it could be a benign sexual headache or sexual migraine.

See a neurologist -- migraine medicine might be helpful as a preventative measure or at least as an abortive treatment.

On your own, anti-inflammatory medications and caffeine may help.

Sorry, I get these too, and for me, they come and go, sometimes disappearing for a couple years and then returning. All of my CT scans and MRIs with contrast have been normal.
|

replied February 25th, 2011
My boyfriend gets them too and it will bring him to tears. He can't breathe, moving makes it worse and it makes his eyes hurt. He has also had migraines too. One of the doctors on this site said that if you take an anti inflamatory like naproxen an hour or two before any exertion it may help. My boyfriend always gets them when he is lying on his back during sex.
|