Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Cognition problems after heart bypass surgery

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Has anyone else noticed any kind of cognition or poor decision making after having bypass surgery and/or treatment for prostate cancer which included radiation and hormone therapy in someone else or yourself?

My father had heart bypass surgery about 2 years ago - 4 bypasses. Additionally he has undergone hormone therapy and radiation for prostate cancer. The prostate cancer treatment ended in August '09. His PSA level is back to normal, zero.

Approximately 2-1/2 months ago his brother, I'll call him James started bugging me about father. James says he thinks father is using poor judgement in decision making and that father is also claiming to have had conversations with him that never took place. One such conversation was where father accused James of having an affair with one of father's female friends. I've spoken with both James and the female friend who have assured me that there is no truth to that accusation.

My sister and I have been keeping an eye on father but haven't seen any unusual behaviors. However, James keeps calling me demanding that I do something.(What he wants me to do, I have no idea). Also, until about 1 week ago James refused to talk to father at all. James has finally talked to father but he says father has denied ever having the conversation about the affair.

Father and James have "butted heads" all of their adult lives. They, along with some other siblings, own a small business and the two brothers disagree on most decisions.

I'm desperate for help. James is driving me crazy! Should I talk with father's doctor to see if there may be something going on here? HELP!
Did you find this post helpful?
|