Medical Questions > Nutrition > Vitamins Forum

Co Q10 as Ubiquinol

I am about convinced that Co Q10 in ubiquinol form is the prefered option. I read - "ActiveQ® uses Ubiquinol the “active” antioxidant form of Coenzyme Q10 (Formulated with Kaneka QHtrade;). ActiveQ is different – it is Kaneka QH™ Coq10 that is stabilized with Tishcon's patented process to guarantee 100% Ubiquinol content!"

But I also read that brands using Q-Sorb (as avail in a local drugstore - like Nature's Bounty with Q-Sorb) are also better absorbed by the body. Or, I could buy Ultra Q-Gel Co-Q10 - "A patented, hydrosoluble form of CoQ10".

Is Q-Sorb the same as ubiquinol?

But, is Nature's Bounty with Q-Sorb just as good?

Thanks
Robert
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 12th, 2009
I Agree
Robert i think your right on the money...I think I might know you. What state do you reside?
|

replied August 21st, 2009
After my 2nd heart attack, I could bearly make it to my car without being short of breath and had to sleep in a chair or in an elevated position. After about 6 months I was reading about Co Q 10 being depeleted by Statins and ask my Doctor about Co Q 10. I got kinda of a Ho Hum and a shrug. I then asked to be tested for Co Q 10 levels. It turned out that I was bearly in the normal level on the low side. I then started taking a soft gel Co Q 10 (100 MG once a day) adatitive and after 3 months ask my Doctor to retest my levels. They were now in the normal midrange area, I could now sleep in bed without being short of breath and could do moderate exercise. That was 4 years ago. I contribute being alive today and my doctors as well think it wasn't their medicine. I still can get occasional shortness of breath, but its usually when I overeat or do something else stupid. I don't have an answer about Q Sorb or Ubiquinol, I would like to know too, but I do swear by the healing powers of Co Q 10 and the quality of life it can offer some people like me.
|