Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

cluster of bumps on clit hood (Page 1)

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
Hello! I've just recently been sexually active as of August 2007. I am also female. I've had sex about 4 times, with 3 different people. All which I've had protected sex with.

Anyways.

Around my clit hood I have a "cluster" of a small, almost white-ish, bumps. They do not turn into sores, nor do they grow to be abnormally large or anything. I am not experiencing any discharge, or any pain urinating. They look like underdeveloped zits more than anything.

They are only around my clit hood, and scarce between my inner and outer lips. They do not head, but sometime I can "pop" them and only a little bit of white stuff does come out, but the bumps stays. They are not itchy, but just more bothersome to look at and make me feel self-concious.

I'd really love responses; I've gone to many forms with no help.

I'm also wondering if it could be "acne" almost down there?

Thank you!

PICTURES: non-graphic, just close ups on the area.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Lolzz
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
For how long you have them?
|

replied June 6th, 2008
Honestly, I think I've experienced them before I even had my first time having vaginal intercoarse.

Even so, I've been researching extensively. And I'm showing really no symptoms of like Herpes, or any bacterial infection. I thought about genitle warts alot, (since they are supposed to be painless.) but they don't grow abnormally large, and these bumps are on-going. I thought it may be molluscum, but if any symptom I am showing is the first stage, which looks like "teenage acne."

I don't know. This is giving my one giant stress headahce.
|

replied June 6th, 2008
Experienced User
it looks like
it looks like internal vaginal yeast that went into the pores down there.
your best bet would to first check it out with a doctor... because it could just be a skin desease... my ex got some like that on his penis...

But like i said it could just be yeast... so you could try some vitamins for yeast.

but first check with a doctor
|

replied June 6th, 2008
Thanks for your response. :]

I really want to check it out with my doctor.

But I am underage, and I'm going to an OBGYN for birth control in about a week.

Does anyone know if I ask for her to check it, is it confidential from my parents? (Just incase it is an STD.) Even if I have to get treated?

I thought about yeast actually. Can yeast really last that long without treatment? And now that I think about, while examining, under my nails I do accumilate some "white" gunk sometimes.

More thoughts are appreciated. :] I do eventually want to ask my doctor; But I'd like to know what I'm dealing with before I go in, so I'm not going to utterly breakdown for the worst.
|

replied June 7th, 2008
Experienced User
drink lots ofwater and avoid caffine if its yeast because that will help it go away
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Lolzz!
The bumps you have on both sides of your vaginal lips, are most likely sebaceous glands (oil glands).
They are called Fordyce's spots (an overgrowth of the sebaceous glands, sebaceous glands without hair follicles) and are exactly like you have described them, small, painless, raised, pale or white spots or bumps 1 to 3 mm in diameter.
Usually, appear on the shaft of the penis or on the labia.
This is a normal physiological phenomenon, of cosmetic concern only.
I'll suggest you not to squeeze them cause that can lead to irritation or infection.
|

replied August 10th, 2011
curious
I have what this is descibing except mine are closer to the crease of the clit and inner lip 1 or 2 they dont burn when i pee or wipe..or use soap on it they do itch a little not all the time..a little sore but i think cuz i keep lookn at it..i exercise alot and it doesnt bother it but my clothes may be rubbin ..plus i went to the doctor he look ran 2 test..one being a hpv scrape it f=came back unconclusive. I asked the Dr.said not to worry there wasnt anything that came up on the swab. this didnt start happening till i got my first bladder infection and went to the Dr with that...Do i have anything to worry about..
|

replied August 10th, 2011
curious
I have what this is descibing except mine are closer to the crease of the clit and inner lip 1 or 2 they dont burn when i pee or wipe..or use soap on it they do itch a little not all the time..a little sore but i think cuz i keep lookn at it..i exercise alot and it doesnt bother it but my clothes may be rubbin ..plus i went to the doctor he look ran 2 test..one being a hpv scrape it f=came back unconclusive. I asked the Dr.said not to worry there wasnt anything that came up on the swab. this didnt start happening till i got my first bladder infection and went to the Dr with that...Do i have anything to worry about..
|

replied September 4th, 2008
Re: Lolzz!
MandMs wrote:
The bumps you have on both sides of your vaginal lips, are most likely sebaceous glands (oil glands).
They are called Fordyce's spots (an overgrowth of the sebaceous glands, sebaceous glands without hair follicles) and are exactly like you have described them, small, painless, raised, pale or white spots or bumps 1 to 3 mm in diameter.
I'll suggest you not to squeeze them cause that can lead to irritation or infection.

I was freaking out about those 'bumps' too!! Thank you!!!!!
|

replied September 4th, 2008
Re: Lolzz!
MandMs wrote:

I was freaking out about those 'bumps' too!! Thank you!!!!!
|

User Profile
replied September 8th, 2008
Advanced Support Team
They are normal...just the way the skin is down there....almost like chicken skin. No worries. Just remember to stay safe an use condoms at all times!
|

replied January 8th, 2009
i have those little bumps too. im freaking out. but its nothing seriose right?
|

replied March 16th, 2009
That's EXACTLY how my vaginal skin looks too- and has looked that way for as long as I can remember and I am 28. They are normal. Relax:)
|

replied March 16th, 2009
no but wait..
i have some kind of bumps too
but they are kind of like going outside, kind of like long...
i've been trying to look for herpes pictures that could look something alike...
but i can't find any info.
they don't hurt at all...
nor itch.!
it just bothers me to know i have them down there
i don't really know to explain my self?

i've always used condom...
but im scared of going to the doctor...
im under age and i don't want to tell my parents, well my mom knows that i have them but she thinks they are just some fungus or something.
:/
im really worried
PLEASE HELP MEE..!
this is driving me crazy, for real.!
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2009
my bumbs look just like that except they hurt really bad when i walk and sit and wipe i dont know why it hurts really bad please help me
|

replied October 21st, 2009
I went to dr for same pimple look alike bumps on my inner thigh outside of labia and butt. The dr said it was molluscum (rash) but can be transmitted via sexual contact thus making it a STD...I'm really having a hard time dealing with this since I have a long term serious relationship and don't know how I got it. We've both have gotten tested every 3mo. I got a Rx for "ALDARA 5%" it's a daily cream a month supply ($600+) yikes but it seems to be going way. Hope this info helps. The pics you posted are very similar to mine.
|

replied November 8th, 2009
I'm exactly the same.....I'm 14 and have never had sexual contact with anyone. I've been this way for as long as I can remember. It always scared me and I've been looking forever online for SOMETHING even CLOSE to it. I'm not so worried now though, because of MandMs's post... I told my mom, and she had no clue.
|

replied July 5th, 2010
Itching fordyce spots?
I have a similar thing, literally almost classic case of fordyce spots by the looks of google, except i only came to notice mine because they started itching? Im not sure if something has aggravated them, and made them itch (such as me starting a new pill?) or if they are causing the itching. The itch extends to my but sometimes too. Iv self treated for thrush which has helped ALOT but its not quite gone. The itch i can live with as long as i know what it is, im too scared to go to the doctor as iv already been through hell with chlamydia from the first guy i slept with and i dont know how ill cope if it turns out he's gave me something else too ...!
|

replied August 4th, 2010
well i have pimple like bumps also down there, but ive never done anything sexual at all and i told my mom and she said it was normal and at the time it was just one but here recently i have noticed that there are more and i have still had noform of sexual contact and im not sure about going to a doctor because my mom says its just a hygene issue ..but i dont know

should i be worried?? because im really scared
|

replied April 20th, 2011
Same issue here.
I'm 22 and I've had these lumps for as long as I can remember. I was told by a friend of mine (who has the same issue, who's mum is a midwife) that they are normal and that you can get them at any time. It's nothing to do with hygiene or having sexual contact. If you are that worried then I recommend that you go to your OBGYN. You can go at any age and it is completely confidential. They are not allowed to tell your parents a thing unless you give them permission too. If you find a way to get rid of these little lump-things the. Please do let me know!
|

replied October 7th, 2011
white pimples
I have what is being describes too. it looks like pimples, theres only 2 on the right side of my clitoral hood. I worried about them being genital warts but this has put my mind at rest for now but im still going to the GUM clinic just to be sure with a doctor.
|
12 >>