Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Clots severe cramps nausea white pink tissue

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I've been reading through the forums about women on the pill or any other kind of birth control and they experienced the same thing I did.

I'm 16 and a virgin and I am not on any kind of birth control or medications other than Concerta, that treats ADD. I always have bad periods, but this was the worst yet.

Yesterday I woke up at about noon and I started the day before. Cramps were mild the first day, but yesterday they kept getting worse. I put off taking midol because it makes me bleed heavier. At around 3pm the pain was so horrible that I finally broke down and took midol. And hour later, nothing happened. I thought maybe it wasn't my period since I had severe nausea and my stomach was killllling me. So I took two big swallows of Pepto and that didnt work either. Sooooooo, I got desperate and took some sleep medication, hoping it would just knock me out. I was in that much pain. I was waiting for the medicine to work and my mom said a hot bath might help. At that point I would try anything to get some relief and that helped a little. I stayed in the tub for about 20 mins and got out. I went to lay down and the sleep medicine kicked in and I fell asleep. I've been passing clots since yesterday but around lunch today a small piece of skin looking tissue idk what it was. I guess I can explain it like chicken skin. It was just about an inch and a half long and it was attached to a biiiiiiiiiiiiiig huge clot. About the size of two quarters. I know this is gross and all but I'm just curious about it. I honestly don't know that much about periods and all.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2010
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Based on your description of symptoms, the possibility of severe dysmenorrhea with passing of the endometrium in big amounts cannot be ruled out. Other possibilities include chances of fibroids, endometriosis, ovarian cysts etc.
Visit these links for a better understanding. It will also help you to discuss about possibilities and treatment options with your gynecologist: http://www.acog.org/publications/patient_e ducation/bp046.cfm
http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/80/main .html.
Take care.

|

replied May 1st, 2011
clotting
i have endometriosis and i had sergury for it 11/10. i have been on birth control as well. i just started the depo shot and i just passed a huge white pinkish looking thing. there was no blood on it. idk what it is. can u help?
|

replied May 1st, 2011
clotting
i have endometriosis and i had sergury for it 11/10. i have been on birth control as well. i just started the depo shot and i just passed a huge white pinkish looking thing. there was no blood on it. idk what it is. can u help?
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.