Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Clonazepam Withdrawal

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
User Profile
I am having a hard time coming off Clonazepam. I took 1mg a day for around 4 months and then the past two months took 1.5 mg a day. I am having insomnia now since I've quit taking it and it's hard to not take it. I am tapering off with my doctor but it's really hard since I'm so used to taking it for sleeping.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2017
Hi there,

I would recommend looking at ways to make yourself tired. Most times it's our minds' themselves keeping us awake and not a physical or real ailment.

Change in temperature (if it's cold take a steaming shower, if your house is hot, take a cold, or start out hot and transition to cold), warm milk, doing something boring (news, reading random articles, etc) are all great ways to naturally make your mind and body sleepy. It may also help you to change your bedroom setup, move furniture, get different sheets, pillow, etc).

Best of luck and keep fighting, never look back and never give up.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply