Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Clitoral itching

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I'm going crazy with this itching. I don't know what could be causing it. If anybody has dealt with this before or had a treatment that worked, please let me know! It tends to be a re-occurring issue. I am currently pregnant so the hormonal changes aren't helping at all. I have no discharge or itching anywhere else, just around the clitoral region. I've mentioned it to my midwife during an appointment. She did the Q-tip thing and said on the entire slide she saw 3 bacteria, so she didn't think that was enough to cause itching, but would go ahead and treat me if it would make me feel better. I finished the antibiotics but still had itching. A couple weeks later I saw a GYN and she said it was a yeast infection (I always get them after antibiotics). She wrote me a prescription for that. I finished up the meds. however the itching around my clitoris continues. Last time I went I was told it was not bacterial or yeast. I know its not an STD b/c state law requires that pregnant women be tested for everything during their prenatal care. I haven't started using any new creams/soaps/detergents and I don't have any allergies. I'm at the end of my rope!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 26th, 2009
if you live somewhere with a cold climate the lack of humidity could cause itching.
|

replied April 11th, 2012
I live in a place with high humidity six months of the year and I still itch
|

replied February 8th, 2009
Experienced User
Although I have no personal experience with this I have done extensive reason on male circumcision and one of the things that comes up is the similarities of the clit and the glans of the penis. The hood and foreskin are also similar. One of the readings said something to the effect of smegma built up under the hood of the clit causing irritation. I dont know (as i have never tried) but maybe you could pull the hood back and see if there is anything there, and flush it away if needed. Again, like I mentioned earlier - this is only something I read, I have no personal experience, but maybe its possible?
|