Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Asthma Forum

Clicking sound in with wheeze

Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
I caught a bad cough from my Son 2 months ago and have developed a wheeze which sometimes has a clicking sound with it. Doctor has said probably allergic asthma (have bad hayfever) brought on by the cough,and gave me qvar preventer inhaler 1 week ago which has had no effect so far. Also, keep getting blocked ears, like with a cold. Any ideas???
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper darry
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
An upper respiratory infection, along with allergy (bad cough that you caught from your son) is one of the common triggers of asthma attack in predisposed person.
Blocked ears are experienced always when there is a nasal stiffness and nasal discharge (runny nose and nasal congestion are symptoms of upper respiratory infection, like sinusitis; hay fever sufferers are prone to chronic sinusitis and also, this ear blockage can be result of allergic reaction causing the ear lining to swell, too).
Symptoms of asthma, usually start to get better between three to seven days after starting treatment with qvar preventive inhaler.
|

replied July 13th, 2009
Clicking noise on exhaling - crackles
I have now be diagnosed with a chest infection, the doctor said the clicking is crackles. However, I have realised that I have been trying to cough the wheeze away, could this over-coughing be causing the crackles? The more I cough the worse they seem to get!
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Each crackle heard during exhalation represents an abrupt closing of a single small airway.
Bronchitis and emphysema can cause end-exhalation crackles.
|