Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Clear mucus discharge with blood streaks....?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
September 13th i had my period lasted 5 days. on the 22nd My bf and i had sex, after sex i went to the bathroom and when i wiped there was clear mucus discharge with blood streaks in it??? i have never experienced anything like this before, can anyone tell me what could have possibly caused it, kinda wireds me out, should i see a doctor???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The clear mucus discharge that you describe could indicate fertile mucus. Presence of blood streaks in it could be suggestive of ovulation, or even internal injury, vaginal infections, cervicitis, etc. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation. If the discharge was due to ovulation, then you could be at risk for pregnancy with the recent intercourse that you describe. Wait and watch for your periods. Look out for development of any other new symptoms if pregnancy is suspected. If periods do not start within 10 days of expected period dates, or if you get abnormal periods, or if you suspect chances of pregnancy, consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet.
Take care.

|

replied April 24th, 2013
implantation or period or ovalution?
My lat period was on 1st march,,then on 19th i got brown and clear watery thing only once,then start spotting on 20,21,22 was dark brown ..and wen wiped was clear and dark brown stringy.5th day nothing at all and evening i saw small pea size clear think come out with blood in it...confuse took 2hpt was negative..m ovaluting?? my period or was it implantation
|

replied April 25th, 2013
Go to your Dr and have an Ultra Sound done. Then go to your Gyno.
|
Users who thank Hoochy for this post: sweta27 

replied April 25th, 2013
m book in for ultrasound next week..
|
Users who thank sweta27 for this post: Hoochy 

replied April 26th, 2013
That's good. You might just need a curet if nothing else is going on in the ultra sound. Don't panic because it could be nothing.
Curious though, have you any pain in the lower belly? Are you feeling exhausted or unwell at all?
Clear mucus and blood as well as stringy was a symptom I had when I gave birth and the placenta didn't all come out. I had heaps of blood clots and needed a curet. I was quite sick though because it was two weeks after the birth. To hang washing or do dishes I was exhausted. As soon as I had the curet I was full of energy again. It was toxaemia and it is dangerous.
I'm not saying you would have that but just be sure to have it checked out to be safe. Let us know how you go. Smile
|

replied May 8th, 2013
Ultra sound came back normal,beta hcg test was negative...so according to all the test
M not preg...i dont feel tired or sore brest nothing at all...so have to wait till next period though.
|

replied September 16th, 2013
Hello doctor
I've just finished my period 7 days ago,, and today
Noticed clear mucous discharge with a strike
of blood in it !! Also I have a pain in the left
iliac fossa , mild lower back pain
Should I be worried or what?!
|

replied April 15th, 2014
I recently just got on depo. When me and my boyfriend have sex I have short periods after. Like for two days I bleed and then the next I'm spotting and it's back to normal. But today I let him "release" in me. After it seems as if my vag rejected it cause it all came out.. I think. Now I'm bleeding as usual but the flow is light and now this clear discharge with blood. This is new to me it never happened before him. What does that mean? What should I do? Is this a bad thing? Should I check down "there"? Is that the normal for first time depo users?
|

replied November 17th, 2014
I have a question, but I have a irregular period it comes on when it wants to it even comes twice a month or don't come at all. I've been trying to get pregnant for a year now, I just started masturbating and when I come I bleed what does that mean, but sometimes it does that when I come having sex
|

replied November 17th, 2014
hello friends that is a very good question and i airy with you
|

replied December 18th, 2014
AM I PREGNANT
Hi everybody,

I missed my periods for 03 days and the last two days (evening only one time) i found little blood from vagina mixed in Clear Mucus. We have unprotected sex last month.

Am I Pregnant???
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.