Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

classic gallbladder symptoms. ?

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
So ever since i got pregnant with my daughter i have had upper right quadrant pain..also pain in my back. Ultrasounds and every other test came back normal. My doctor kept telling me i was having muscle spasms in my back because when i lay flat on my back it hurts so bad. I am 27 years old, never had issues like this before. I dont have pain all the time, but its becoming worse every day it seems. My endoscopy was normal. I went for hida scan. My upper GI says my test started out slow at 47% but then slowly crawled up to 85%. Everyone says i have classic gallbladder symptoms. Monday im scheduled for surgery, my general surgeon who i was referred to says i have biliary dyskinesia. I am scared because i just dont want to get surgery for no reason, but i am in pain!! Im nervous im going to be sick all the time....even though i dont get sick now i just have pain. Some days the pain is so severe, and i think im going crazy because my GI says all my tests are normal. Has anyone had this problem , and had the surgery and there symptoms have improved?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 20th, 2012
I am in the same boat and have been for 3 years. My first HIDA scan was 15% ejection fraction, most recent was 37%, Surgeon refuses to take it out saying that It will do more harm than good considering I don't have gallstones and all other tests are normal. So I still have mine :/ My view on it is...don't rush to surgery until you are absolutely sure that its your gallbladder, many other benign conditions can mimic gall bladder disease. and taking out a functional gallbladder will leave you with a lot more un wanted issues like "dumping syndrome" which is pretty much constant diarrhea, and you may also still have pain even after the gallbladder is out.
|
Did you find this post helpful?