Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

circular rash not raised, no bumps and doesn't itch?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
I've just discovered a circular rash on my lower bottom and am bit uncertain as to what it could be. At first I thought it could be a ringworm but it doesn't seem to fit the description as it is not raised, there are no bumps and it doesn't itch at all or feel any different to the rest of my skin. I'd be so grateful if you could help me identify what it could be.

I've attached a picture below.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/821/4 6799962.png/

Many thanks.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied October 8th, 2011
Skin Answer A27492
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

The rash described and seen in the image, appears to be a patterned contusion, probably due to inadvertent impact with a hard object, which you probably might have not felt while it happened.

Since there is no symptoms or any issues arising due to it, this rules out any insect bite, allergic causes and infective causes too.

The rash like area will subside on its own within a few days and treatment might not be essential, since it is asymptomatic.

In case of doubt, you can consult your doctor or a dermatologist who can examine it closely and advice you accordingly.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: skin, rash
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.