Medical Questions > Cancer > Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer Forum

cin I with mild dysplasia

Must Read
Cervical cancer typically develops over many years. But when does cervical cancer occur and how do doctors define the disease? ...
How are HPV and cervical cancer related? And how can you place yourself out of risk for developing cervical cancer? More here....
Abnormal menstruation can be a sign of cervical cancer. Learn the signs and symptoms of serious "female problems" and when to seek medical help here....
What are the chances of cin I resolving itself? If your immunity fights off hpv why would it have caused cin I with mild dysplasia. I had a coloscopy nothing was apparent but blind biospy was taken and the results were atypical cells indicating cin I with mild dyplasia. I have to go back in six months for a follow up. I am middle aged, don't smoke, drink, and eat well.I have begun taking extra folic, vitamin b6, b12, and Indole 3-carbinol.Also essential oil sandalwood and those listed for cervical cancers. I just want this out of my body. What makes some people's resolve and others not?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
CIN I often resolves by itself.
You have a choice of watchful waiting till the next pap swear in 6 months.
The follow up, can reveal resolution of the CIN I, being the same or progressed.
If you have the same results after 6 months, you'll be suggested treatment.
You, still, have the choice to treat the CIN I now.
The immune system helps to protect against HPV infection, and helps to destroy cells which have become abnormal.
If your immune system is not working fully, you are less able to deal with HPV infection and abnormal cells, and you are more at risk of developing cervical cancer.

What have you been suggested from your gynecologist?
|

replied June 30th, 2008
Thank you for the response. My doctor suggests to wait the six months for a follow-up. She does not ususally treat at this stage because it sometimes resolves itself. If if does not resolve I will have to have a leep procdeure which she does not like to do unless necessary because it can cause scarring. I have begun taking a good multivitamin and herbal supplements. I don't drink, smoke, or take oral contraception so I guess I just have to watch and wait. i am hoping my immune system will kick in. I am trying not to stress but its not happening so far.
|