Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

chronic yeast infections, i think my doctor is wrong

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
Hello, I have been suffering, according to my doctor, from yeast infections for years. She perscribed me some little pink pills this month to reset the balance in my vagina. They didn't work, now I burn all the time and have increased discharge and a strong fishy smell. I am at a loss for what to do as OTC creams and pills have no effect. I am tired of living with constant yeast infections and am pleading for help. If you can offer any advice I would deeply appreciate it.

I�ve tried:
Lactobacillus Achidophilus
OTC creams and pills that are inserted before bed
The perscrition from my doctor
changing detergents
changing lubricants
changing condoms
sleeping naked
wearing cotton underwear
cutting out refined white sugar from my diet
excersizing more
acupuncture
and a second opinion = yeast infection
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 24th, 2011
My 2 cents: have found interesting holistic approach, haven't tried it myself though, good luck to you...
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2011
Experienced User
Bring out the big guns!
INTERNAL
You need a full candida cleanse--herbs to cleanse your system. Health stores sell them. You may also want to go on a 10-day juice fast.(That will work!) Keep taking the probiotic pills, eat fermented cabbage, probiotic sugar free yogurt, drink 2 liters of water per day and take a good multivitamin.

On top, you need to go on a candida diet for life. (Look up what means online.) It's basically low glycemic foods, gluten free foods, lots of fruits and veggies, no junk food at all i.e bagels, muffins, fried foods etc, no sugary fruit juice, dried fruits, or anything that has too much sugar.

EXTERNAL

Take a bleach free tampon and dip in apple cider vinegar. It will burn a bit, but it will work. Wear the tampon at night. Repeat for a week. At first it will seem as if it's getting worse, but by day two it will clear up.

Also, having sex while you have a yeast infection is not a good idea. Give your va JJ time to heal.

Good luck.
|