Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Chronic Rash over 2 months

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
My 6 yr. old has been suffering with a chronic rash for almost 2 months now. It began with a blister by his mouth, and now has a rash covering has entire body, though it is most prominent on his back, chest, neck, and butt. It is not on his hands, feet, scalp, or in his mouth, and he only has a couple bumps on his face. The rest of his body is drenched in bumps, in which some are beginning to blister. He has been to the doctor repeatedly since this has been going on. He has had x-rays, blood tests,and has also been tested for Strep. He has been treated so far with steroids (1 wk.), Azithromycin (1 wk.), and Zyrtec (1 wk.). None of these meds has helped him out whatsoever, and the rash just continues to get worse. It is non-itchy for the most part, though sometimes one or two bumps may irritate him, itch, or become painful. Also, it has been deemed non-contagious, as he is attending school on a daily basis. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Also, I thought I should add that these bumps/rash are his only symptom. He has a very low-grade fever sometimes now, but nothing to be concerned with. No cough, or anything else.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 6th, 2009
For an occasional rash or shingles an old remedy is to use Hydrogen Peroxide, 3% topical solution, external use only. Soak a clean cloth with it and dab on rash.
|
Did you find this post helpful?