Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Chronic Peeling Face

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I'm a 37 year old male, and in the last 12 months the skin on my face has started peeling. It's chronic, and incredibly obnoxious. This is not a result of sun exposure. I've had a transplant of the cornea in my left eye, which left me light-sensitive, and I generally stay out of the sun entirely if possible. I'm not sure what is causing it, but certain areas of my face seem to always be the focal points, so it isn't random. I'd like to know probable causes of the peeling, and possible ways to treat it. When I was younger, I had an extreme allergic reaction once or twice a year, every year, during which my palms would completely peel off. It was very painful. I don't know that this could be an allergic reaction of some sort, but my allergies have always been very severe. In the last several years, the only constant issue with my allergies has been swelling of my eyes, which is a fairly common allergy.

I don't know that this is an allergic reaction - I'm at a loss and am grasping at straws.
Did you find this post helpful?
|