Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Fibromyalgia Forum

Chronic pain with no diagnosis

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Chronic pain with no diagnosis???
I had my second child over a year ago, and had severe back pain and right sciatica during the pregnancy, After giving birth- the pain increased tenfold, it is constant stabbing hip pain in both hips, tailbone area, achiness in both shoulders and base of neck.. also my hip joints will 'pop' thruout day and also certain areas of my back with certain movemts, all bloodwk came back neg for arthritis, lupus, and gout.. and also MRI's of both hips and xrays and cat scans came back negative.. been to three drs already and losing hope!!! I cannot stand this constant daily pain that never lets up!! What could it be??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 20th, 2010
answer
fibromyalgia !!! id put £ on it, i was diagnosed in 2007 with temperal artertis ( not athritis) swelling of artery in head 6 mths after having 5th child, spent over 2 yrs on steroids came off them and in jan 2010 got all over body aches pains severe fatigue etc my back is worse and i walk with a stick now, was diagnosed by rheumatologsit in sept 2010 with fibro very common in women, doesnt show up on any x rays or blood tests its not treatable but managable hope you get this post best wishes xxx
|

replied August 29th, 2011
That is a clear sign of FMS. It is terrible having such a condition. Have you tried using Protandim? If no one has mentioned it before, may be it's time to consider it. I've been there before; pain on the base of my neck, etc.
|