Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

chronic lower internal back pain

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
i have been experiencing terrible lower back pain for the past few years and no one can seem to figure out why. i am 21 yrs old and here is a breakdown of my medical history over the past few years...i have had frequent uti's (1 or more every 3 weeks or so) with no explanation. ive been to several urologists, all of which gave me the runaround. i have had a cat scan, vcug and blood taken and no abnormalities found. im on keflex right now, a daily antibiotic to suppress my infections, this is my second time trying this and its worked for about 3 months so far but i fear another infection could return just like it did the first time. i have a headache and am nauseated almost 100% of the day and i feel like this might be associated with my kidneys, back pain and urinary tract issues. i am so tired of this disruption and misery and i dont know what else to do since doctors arent seeming to help me. also, just in case they could in some way be connected, i was diagnosed with endometreosis when i was 14 years old. ive searched the internet and found a number of women with the same symptoms but no answers. if anyone can please help or give any sort of suggestions i would appreciate it more than you know. i really want to give up but my body wont let me because im constantly in pain. i know this is not normal and i am begging for help, please...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 15th, 2008
chronic lower internal back pain
Dear Needinganswers,

My daughter has been through most of the same symptoms you have for 15 months. We are on our 4th urologist and 2nd nephrologist. She has a bosniak II kidney cyst, ovarian cysts, 15 kidney stones passed and developing more. She is in chronic pain in the back flanks all the time.

I wish I had answers, but nothing so far except that she has lost 20% of her kidney filtering process. The UTI's are awful...4 in 4 months. I'm so sorry. Let's keep up!
|

replied July 28th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I'm afraid I have no answers either. Just wanted to wish you the best. I am in the same boat. I guess we just keep trying. I always seem to be waiting for Dr. appointments or waiting for test results, or waiting for referrals. Good luck and take care. Don't give up.
|

User Profile
replied October 23rd, 2011
Lower right back pain an UTI's
Look into Interstitial Cystitis.
|