Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

Chronic headache and shaky

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hello! First of all, thank you for reading this!!!

I’ve been suffering from chronic headaches for about a year and a half now…literally, all day every day..and they mostly stem from my neck, but they affect my entire head. They just started one day and I’ve had one since…they vary in intensity and some days are better than others (usually around that time of the month or the week after are the worst) In any case, I’ve had the following tests/procedures done, MRI, CT Scan, Acupuncture, Cortizone shots, numerous medications, chiropractor manipulations, blood tests for lymes, thyroid checked in blood test etc. I also went to a headache clinic (one of the best in the country and they were clueless). No one has been able to tell me what is wrong! I’m only 22 years old and this started when I was 21.

I also saw a Nutritionist and finally got some better answers. She said that my adrenal numbers were off, my blood sugar was at 70 (after fasting for 4 hrs) and she thought I might have thyroid problems (low functioning), hypoglycemia, and hormone imbalance of some kind. I took a hormone rest which came back fine…so that may be ruled out. However, the hypoglycemia and thyroid conditions do run in my family.

I’ve noticed that throughout this whole process I just feel “off.” I often feel shaky, (my hands shake etc) anxious, hot and cold sweats (at times). Lately I’ve noticed that about every two hours if I don’t eat I get shaky and weak. Then when I eat I feel better within about 10 min. Sometimes when the headaches are really bad I eat something and it helps to ease the headache (but the headache NEVER goes away). Lately when I try to exercise, I just can’t because I am so shaky and weak/dizzy. It’s pretty ridiculous. I wish someone could just tell me what’s wrong with me!

Does this sound familiar to anyone? No one should have to live like this!

Thanks again for reading!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 4th, 2009
Hello

I am about 5 months into my Hypoglycemia diet. It has been hell. Do you drink coffee, alcohol, smoke, drink, eat lots of sugar? If you do take these poisons, STOP! But stopping these things is, or can be very difficult and scary. It must be done carefully and preferably with support. I have stopped taking all of the above and it was insane.

With me I don't get relief from food at at and I am in my fifth month and an extreme case. If you are getting relief from eating I bet you are eating some sort of sugary food. You are still young and can get a hold of your condition and get better if you choose to cleanse completely of all the poisons. I'm 35 and in great shape (except for the horrible way I feel due to the diet, but feeling soooo much better than before I started), and on my way to total health. Do something and now and do it all the way, otherwise you're in for a world of hurt the older you get, and if you think it is bad now don't do anything and find out how bad it can get. Doesn't this sound like "scared straight" You ever seen that, when the police take teenagers who are, or think they are tough, to jail and the inmates scare the hell out of them so they don't end up where they are? Well, Ha Ha, sorry made myself laugh envisioning what I just told you. Seriously though research, research, research, and check out Stan's diet blog.

Until next time, stay up.
|

Nutrition Response Testing
Thanks for the response.
Actually Ive been going to a Nutritionist who does something called Nutrition Response Testing..its pretty new, but highly accurate. He found that my adrenals are extremely fatigued (which causes hypoglycemia) and has me on a bunch of supplements. They are called Standard Process supplements. He also diagnosed me with a parasite, which are rarely to never found in modern medicine. There are about 1000 different types of parasites and only 50 are found with modern medicine. The other 950 are found with NRT. I've been feeling better with my hypoglycemia and sugars since I've been on the supplements for the past week and a half. My sugars haven�t dropped nearly as much. You should definitely try it. I think there could be an underlying factor for your hypoglycemia as well. Just a thought.

I would recommend the Nutrition Response Testing to anyone who just doesnt "feel good" or has problems that doctors can't diagnose. Your body isn't lying to you, something is wrong!

Thanks again for reading and good luck!
|

I'll check it out.

Thanks very much, and I am happy to hear you are doing better.

Have a beautiful day.
|

replied February 9th, 2009
Doctor Recommendation
Can anyone recommend at doctor/nutritionist/naturopath in the Los Angeles area that understands hypoglycemia? The process of finding someone the will listen to you is so frustrating. Thank you.
|