Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Intestinal Disorders Forum

Chronic Gastrointritis

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
I have been diagnosed with chronic gastrointritis. I've had numerous symptoms for 17 years now. Diarrhea, gas, joint pain, low grade fever, chills and headache. For the past year though, I've begun suffering constant nausea which causes occasional vomiting and violent diarrhea. Further to this, the onset of my period now causes me to be horribly ill and I've begun developing allergies such as an allergy to wine (any wine) and to antibiotics (which I've never previously had). The allergies all present the same symptoms severe vomiting and diarrhea with chills and fever and some hives and low blood pressure. I've had every test possible and everything comes back fine. My doctor is perplexed and it has gotten to the point that the list of items I can eat without consequence is small. The amount of food I can eat at a time is small as well. I would love suggestions.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 29th, 2011
I have chronic gastritis? Is this what you have? I have nausea - but haven't been vomiting. I do have the joyous diarrhea though. I haven't figured out what to do with it yet. Bentyl alleviates some of the symptoms. I find that fried food really sets me off.
|
Did you find this post helpful?