Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

chronic discomfort between ribs

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
for about a month ive been sufferring with this constant stabbing pain right below my solar plexus. it makes eating very difficult and makes me feel like my food is passing through a pinhead size hole as it is digested. im almost doubling over all the time. im currently taking omeprazole for an acid problem that has now gone, but my doctor says i should keep taking them for what he prescribed as gastritis.

the pain is getting worse and is making daily life pretty much unbearable i feel like im rotting from the inside out.

what can i do to make it better? what foods, drinks, medication should I be taking?

someone please help as im losing my mind.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2008
Doctor
Is the pain more expressed after eating or when hungry?

Has your doctor checked you for Helicobacter pillory?

Do you drink alcohol?
|

replied July 17th, 2008
i seem to have most of the same symptoms you have...acid reflux/heartburn, constant upper stomach pain, and i now dont stand up as straight as i used to because of the terrible stomach aches that make me double over. sometimes i even get woken up in the middle of the night from the pain. and i'm on omeprozale as well and it seems to help sometimes but not a guaranteed thing. i have an incredibly hard time eating, almost all food will give me a stomach ache and i will always be super bloated no matter how much i eat even if it's just a few crackers. i've been to doctors as well and they've done blood tests and then just told me to "deal with it". i hope some doctor out there knows what is going on with this stomach pain...its really affecting my daily life and what i can do at work.
|

replied July 25th, 2008
Dr Nikola, the pain is worse when hungry and once ive eaten it feels like my body cannot digest the food. and i have had to cut alcohol out of my life completely. as thats what caused me to have an excess acid build up.

and rebecca, I now know that long periods of not eating and then eating most of my daily intake in one go, stress, smoking, drinking, on an empty stomach are some of the reasons why i was suffering. the acid that my stomach was producing was burning my insides because i was putting nothing in my body for long periods. ive found smaller portion meals more often helps alot.

ive had about 7 days off work and the pain has mellowed down to a degree, i still have a bit of trouble with it but i now have enough knowledge to make the neccessary changes to help my body.

im just waiting to hear from the hospital about an endoscopy. hopefully they will find out whats wrong and i can get rid of this for good.
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2008
Doctor
According to your symptoms you could be experiencing some gastric inflammation (gastritis).

You can request test for Helicobactr pillory and if it is positive you can take the triple therapy which include omeprazole, amoxicillin and klaritromycin (or metronidasole).

If there is no improvement after 1 month you can request gastroscopy.

You can completely quit the alcohol. Often but smaller meals can be also helpful.

You can consult some gastroenterologist about this.
|

replied September 27th, 2008
^thanks.

well i went and had my endoscopy last month. what can i say. very unpleasant. i knew it would be bad, but damn.. anyway all they found was a bit of swelling at the bottom of my osophagus. they gave me a list of all the things i should and shouldnt eat. also a few invaluble little tips. like to prop something under the head of your mattress like a book or some magazines. (im sure those things can be easily found in the bedroom somewhere aye chaps.) giggle raising it to a ten degre angle. this makes sure all the acid stays in my stomach. trust me this works wonders.

pain is all but gone. got some other serious problems im trying to deal with at the moment, this seems like nothing to me now.
|
Users who thank Mikey211987 for this post: Dr. Nikola 

User Profile
replied October 2nd, 2008
Doctor
I am glad that your stomach condition improved.
|

replied December 29th, 2011
Respected Dr.

i read this posts,
dear Doctor i have same problem, but i suffer past 2 year, when i am Hungary then in stomach on upper side i face the burning and little pain.
i just using OMEGLA omeprazole i have little bit be feel good but when i am eat hot food like Eag, Eggplant, meat goat then OMEGLA omeprazole is fail to stable my stomach condition,
and one more thing when i am sad then also face problem like burning and problem for stomach to work for meal.
Doctor please suggest me what i do, my age is 23,
and you know this is the age of eating but Sad
|