Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Chronic allergy issues

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
Hi, I’m a. 21 year old male that has suffered through terrible allergies nearly my whole life. For pretty much as long as I can remember I have been taking a daily allergy pill to help. I have pretty much tried them all, Claritin, allegra, reactine, etc.. I have been to doctors many times and been prescribed medications such as nasonex, avamys, ventolin and advair. Slowly but surly I have felt my symptoms intensify. Often ill need an extra half of clartin or reactine just to find relief. I end up using cold medications like Tylenol cold to clear my airways almost constantly. I find the sprays and puffers have only limited effects. At this point even with all that I’m taking I still get bad symptoms. My breathing is almost always shallow,sometimes feeling as if someone is sitting on my chest,my nose is either running or very blocked, and I get bad headaches and migraines which I have been told is chronic sinusitis. I find that these symptoms negatively affect my lifestyle, I rarely have energy and they often put me in a bad mood. Also my allergies are not only seasonal and effect me all year round. At this point I am tired of pumping medications into my system and just want some kind of solution to help alleviate my constant symptoms.
Did you find this post helpful?
|