Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Chronic Acute Abdominal Pain for over Two Years now

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hi all,

I have been suffering acute pain for for nearly two years. The condition I suffer from is acute chronic continuous lower abdominal pain. I have been diagnosed differently by two MDs, one (a Pain Management Consultant) believes I suffer from damage / irritation of the nerves / tissues of the abdominal wall, the other (a Gastroenterologist) feels I suffer from a hypersensitivity of the lining of the bowel. I have undergone many procedures, nerve block injections, botox injections into the painful area, a inguinal hernia operation in August 2010 radio frequency ablation to the main nerves, numerous forms of medication, and to date nothing has helped in any way.

I am way past desperate with this nightmare condition, and just can't gone one for much longer like this, does any other forum member suffer from something similar ??, if so, has any treatment other then the ones I've already undergone, helped at all ?? I have recently been advised that Laser treatment (cold or otherwise) may be able to help me.

Best regards,

Paul
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Goose123
|

replied May 13th, 2012
I suffer the same way now with CAWP. Nothing has helped so far. When I do finally eat at night, the pain is so intense that I am straight to bed. I am at my wits end too. You are not alone.
|

replied May 13th, 2012
I suffer the same way now with CAWP. Nothing has helped so far. When I do finally eat at night, the pain is so intense that I am straight to bed. I am at my wits end too. You are not alone.
|