Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sinusitis Forum

Chrnoic sinusitis and white tongue

Must Read
Do you have a cold or a sinus infection? Learn the difference plus more info on different types of sinus infections (sinusitis) here....
What can cause a short-term or long-term case of sinus infection? We review both. Learn how to avoid the risk of developing an infection in this section....
What are the first signs that you have trouble with your sinuses? Learn to identify a sinus infection early ... plus know when you should seek medical help....
I am a 17 year old male and I have had sinusitis for about a year and a half now.At first I only had a runny nose so I thought - nothing severe.Then about 1 year ago it started increasing more and more.I started having mainly postnasal drip that I just used to swallow.About 7-8 months ago I woke up with a bad taste in my mouth that I noticed only once a day for about a week.Then it started being pretty bad and when I looked into the mirror - I noticed I had a white coating on my tongue - it was much whiter towards the base of the tongue and it went almost all the way to the tip of the tongue.Since then I have went to all kinds of hospitals.They took cultures from the mucus in my nose and throat and they found out I had a staph infection.I was on antibiotics for about 2 weeks and then when I went back to the hospital they took cultures again and my infection was cured.However I felt no relief whatsoever,so they sent me to an allergist.I was tested for all kinds of allergies and it turned out I had an allergy to common mold that,the doctor said "is found everywhere in the air around us",and basically there's nothing he can do about it other than relieve the symptoms with a spray (which didn't help at all).Now my nose isn't runny at all but I have a lot of post nasal drip and I have to clear my throat every hour or so.The runny nose or post nasal drip I can deal with,but the white tongue is terrible.It causes bad breath and is affecting my life immensely.If you have any solution for the tongue alone or the nose I would love to hear it.Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|