Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cholesterol Forum

Cholestrol Level 240

Must Read
Do you know the difference between good and bad cholesterol? When does cholesterol pose a threat to your health? More info here....
High levels of bad cholesterol in the blood can increase your risk of heart disease. So how do you know if you're experiencing high cholesterol, or not? ...
Who should request cholesterol testing? And how often? Learn how to check your cholesterol levels and what the optimum cholesterol levels are....
I am a 39 year old male.

My Total Cholestrol : 240
Tryglycerides: 155
HDL : 44
LDL : 164

Do i need to take medication to lower the above cholestrol levels?
Otherwise what is the best diet plan to reduce the same? Pls suggest.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 20th, 2011
No. Not yet. I am a 45 year old male. On July 7th, 2011 I had a 174 LDL and overall cholestorol of 256. I was retested on Oct 14th and have an LDL of 127 and overall of 208. I did it without any medication or supplements.
|

replied November 13th, 2011
Tstaff, thanks for your reply.

Regds.

6Pack
|

User Profile
replied October 20th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi 6pack and welcome to ehealth...That is pretty high...If you think you can lower this yourself then try it...But, don't fool around...One person may be able to achieve what someone else can't...Keep on top of it...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied November 13th, 2011
Hi Caroline, thanks for the suitable reply.
|

replied May 22nd, 2012
Diet planning. Go for whole food low glycemic (low sugar) style eating. That will dramatically lower your triglycerides and reduce small particle lipids in your arteries. Ask for inflammation tests instead of cholesterol panels. They are only a preliminary test. (homocysteine and c-reactive protein tests). If you can find out your particle size, even better. Some people have genetically high cholesterol and have big particles. The smaller the particles, the more they oxidize and cause inflammation. Improve your body composition, more than simply "exercising". Goal, improve metabolic tissue (muscle). Cut back on alcohol, sugars, processed foods (toxins), and grains.
|