Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cholesterol Forum

Cholestrol level is above 200

Must Read
Do you know the difference between good and bad cholesterol? When does cholesterol pose a threat to your health? More info here....
High levels of bad cholesterol in the blood can increase your risk of heart disease. So how do you know if you're experiencing high cholesterol, or not? ...
Who should request cholesterol testing? And how often? Learn how to check your cholesterol levels and what the optimum cholesterol levels are....
I have recently diagnosed that my cholesterol level is 223 in fasting. Is it really high. Please advice me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2010
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. I am really glad to help you out. The upper limit of the total cholesterol is normally 200 mg/dl. Hence, your cholesterol is slightly raised but not very much. At this level, we usually don't start any medications.

I'll suggest doing a complete lipid profile so that one can have a better idea as it measures all types of the cholesterol levels (good/bad cholesterol). Meanwhile, I'll suggest a regular walk of 45 min daily and avoid eating fried foods and sweets. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|

User Profile
replied December 24th, 2010
Hello,

I would like to suggest you that your cholesterol level is high but if you consume a healthy diet then you will not face this problem ever.

Exercise and healthy fat free food will help you to control cholesterol level. Also you can add raw food in your diet.

This will help you to keep fit and also your blood pressure and cholesterol level will be in control.
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cholesterol , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.