Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cholesterol Forum

cholesterol and tryglyceride

Must Read
Do you know the difference between good and bad cholesterol? When does cholesterol pose a threat to your health? More info here....
High levels of bad cholesterol in the blood can increase your risk of heart disease. So how do you know if you're experiencing high cholesterol, or not? ...
Who should request cholesterol testing? And how often? Learn how to check your cholesterol levels and what the optimum cholesterol levels are....
I am Bukhtiar 35 years old with 85 kg weight Information on Tryglycerides Levels My cholesterol level is 259 and tryglyceride 550 very high and I was not smoking also. . Please suggest And advise me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 17th, 2011
Most often, when trigylceride levels go up and HDL levels go down, the person is well on their way to diabetes. This means that an anti-diabetic lifestyle to include exercise (both strength and aerobic), stress management and dietary changes (cutting calories, avoid refined carbs, avoid hydrogenated oils, add fruits and vegetables and spices, etc..)can be the most powerful approach to altering the progression to diabetes.
As always, without a full history and patient relationship, this information is for informative guidance only.
Mesa, AZ's most innovative approach to Chiropractic Medicine!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cholesterol , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.