Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

choking feeling; dizziness, headpressure, head ache and weakness

Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
I don't know where to begin. I'm 42 yr old. I haven't felt well for a long while. For more then 2 yrs I've been having a feeling in my throat like something is choking me. I've had pins and pressure under my chin. I have hashimoto thyroid disease and acid refux. I have gone to all the doctors had all tests done such as ultrasound of my thyroid, went to ent for that nose tube test whatever its called. They've done blood tests. I've had endoscopy. All doctors can't find anything wrong with me. I guess its a good thing but I'm having such terrible symptoms. It's made me a hypochondriac. I sit on the computer every day and search for what my symptoms might be. I think I'm going crazy.

Anyway, about 2 months ago, I developed new symptoms in addition to the throat. I started to feel really hard head pressure combined with dizziness and feeing like I'm going to pass out. I get this all thru the day every day. I went to see neurologist they did all the tests and they came out normal too. I even had an MRI on my head. The neurologist seems to think all my symptoms are from stress or anxiety. He prescribed me lexapro. But I haven't taken them because I'm afraid of side effects and I just believe that when they can't find something wrong they always put you on these pills wheather you really need them or not. That's not the answer! I don't know. I'm very confused and depressed. I can't function at work because of my dizziness and head pressure and the choking feeling. I feel so weak sometimes, like I just want to lay down and go to sleep in the middle of the day. I don't know what to do next. I've exhausted all doctors. And it seems no one wants to help me, the doctors don't believe when I tell them something is wrong. My ent doctor told me to find another doctor. That he can't help me. My other doctors are done with me too. If anyone has any good ideas or any advise I really would appreciated. Thanks for reading!
Did you find this post helpful?
|