Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

chlamydia,. the smell and discharge did not go away?

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
User Profile
earlier this year i contracted chlamydia. during this sexual encounter we also used olive oil as a lubricant. i know, poor decision, and never again. i got treated, tested negative... the smell and discharge did not go away, so i went back to the doctor and sure enough i tested positive again. i got treated again, and have tested negative again. my partner has also been treated and tested negative.

anyway, the smell, id compare it to cooking cabbage, and the discharge - the texture is like a thick mucus and is off white- still hasnt gone away. what else could this be? a uterine infection? is it possible that the olive oil messed up my insides permanently? ive gotten tested for all stds and had some swabs for bacterial and yeast infection and nothing came up....

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 4th, 2011
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A27331
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
You should consider going ahead with a repeat swab and culture sensitivity test done on the discharge to identify the causative agent and the best suited medication for treatment. You might also consider getting hormonal analysis done to rule out any hormonal derangement affecting the changes in vaginal secretions. Get the sugar levels also tested to rule out diabetes as it could also lead to recurrent infections. If infection is detected, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent re-infection and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment course. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area (vagina has its own mechanism of cleaning itself. Use of these products harms the normal bacteria of vagina and vagina becomes susceptible to infection). Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid tight fitting clothes (make sure your undergarments are washed properly and have no traces of detergent in them). Avoid sweat accumulation in the area. Avoid use of excessive spices in food. Drink plenty of water. Avoid use of carbonated and caffeinated beverages. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.