Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

chlamydia and prostate

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
Hi.

I had treatment for Chlamydia recently (1 gram of Azithromycin about 10 weeks ago) and the symptoms cleared up quickly.

However...now, I often have pain in the penis and scrotum, (feels like friction burn, but obviously isn't) which is more pronounced after ejaculation - last week the pain lasted for 2 days (whilst not highly painful, it is still uncomfortable). Also, I seem to now produce a small of semen. I think also that my scrotum has become bigger, with one testicle (the right one seemingly higher than the other) (I could be just being paranoid here), but have noticed in the weeks following treatment i could feel a 'presence' in my stomach - just above the groin area and to the right. This disappeared , but I wonder if it's just cos I'm used to the feeling now. I know I have trouble fastening some pairs of trousers around my belly - and this is unusual; I have always been thin (a family trait), so to suddenly put on weight is unusual.

Anyway - I did some research (how I knew I had Chlamydia) and it seems to me that there is some kind of connection with the prostate and that there might be a blockage from this (as I know it produces some of the stuff that goes to make up semen?).

I could be far from correct, but I know something is not quite right with my body.

I have a follow up check up coming up (how many ups in one sentence?!) soon, so I will be seeking advice then, but I would like to know I'm not completely off the tracks when suggesting my problems could be connected with the prostate.

Any feedback would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Sq.
Did you find this post helpful?
|