Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Chlamydia and PID

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
Hi,

I am posting this because i would really like to chat to people who are worrying like i am and maybe for some advice, also to vent i guess.

Please listen to my story.

I got with my previous partner in august 2005, the first time i ever had unprotected sex was with him. We split up in june 2006 which resulted me in sleeping with a few guys, always protected. Me and my ex get back together in the August 2006 and i confessed that i had been with a few people since we split, he was angry so made me get a test incase i had given him any sti's, he was really horrible about it all.

So, i get myself tested in novemeber 2006, things weren't too great between me and him and we split a few days after i got tested. Whilst waiting for my results I got drunk and lost my phone, i thought it had been 2 weeks so i thought i was all clear of sti's.

I met someone in jan 2007 and then we split up in march 2007, i then started seeing my ex again for a month or 2 then broke up again. I decided to get myself tested in the may 2007, 2 weeks later i received the phonecall saying i have chlamydia, i received the treatment right away. which was 4 tablets in one dose and was told it would be clear in 7 days.

I recently met someone in october 2008 and i plan to be with him for the rest of my life, it got me thinking about children. I came off the pill 6 months ago and i have still not conceived.

I have been tested for sti's in january this year and it came back negative so i was relieved about that.

I started to think about the time i got tested back in november 2006 and whether i had it or not then because at this point infertility has been a big worry of mine, i found out the other day i did have chlamydia in november 2006 and they tried calling me and calling me but because i lost my phone they couldn't inform me, i was so angry because i could have had that chlamydyia for nearly two years and theres now an even more chance of me being infertile!

Oh and to make things confusing i spoke to the guy i first slept with in 2005 and he was tested around june 2007 and came back negative!!! even though he had slept with me unprotected time and time again!

I want to know exactly how long can you have chlamydia before it damages you and turns into PID? i sometimes get pains during sexual intercourse but they are not unbearable.

Please can anyone else reply with any experiences like mine?

Thanks for spending time reading this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2009
Supporter
if your having sex you should always go to the gyn doctor atlease once a year to get an anual exam.
symptoms are
abdominal pain, fever, unusual vaginal discharge foul odor, painful intercourse, painful urination, irregular menstrual bleeding,

i read that it can take a few days to a few months to find out.
be careful and always get your self checked out.
|

replied May 29th, 2009
thank you for your reply.

i went to see the gyn in january this year and told him about the pains during intercourse that happen sometimes and checked me over but dismissed me.

would i know by now if i had PID? i have been clear of chlamydia since june 2007 and been tested since then(negative) and i have also had a smear test done too just waiting for my results.

i cant stop worrying about been infertile and its really getting to me and causing a lot of stress. i wake up every morning feeling so down i hate it.
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2009
Supporter
your stressing yourself for nothing. if your with one partner in a monogamous relationship, you should be fine, especially if your getting regular check ups at the doctors.
but if your having casual sex, you should use condoms b/c you dont know who has what.
seeing a doctor regularly is a good thing, for example i see a doctor all the time and i was told i have high blood pressure, and high cholesterol which are silent killers. meaning they dont give you any symptoms. if they didnt catch this i couldve died from a heart attack or stroke.
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2009
Service U is right
you should not spend so much time worrying if you are infertile; not least because it's been proved the more stressed a woman is the less likely she is to conceive - the body tries to regulate fertility to coincide with the best conditions for successful pregnancy. Anxiety is as inhibiting to pregnancy as a physical problem. So first of all stop worrying so much. Try to enjoy other things in your life. Me, I worried so much when my husband left me with a young baby that I wouldn't be able to cope, and that my son would be messed up and never succeed but he is growing into a fine, responsible young man and I'm pretty sorted despite never finding a good relationship since! Worry is destructive and life is short. End of lecture! good luck and stay positive Smile
|

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2009
Hi Peaches!

I too have a similar story. I caught chlamydia when i was 15 to the guy I lost my Virginity to. We broke up for a few months and when we got back together, he admitted having sex with someone while we were broken up. I was so young and did not know much about STD's then but remember we had really painful intercourse and I thought I was just experiencing chronic yeast infections. Well we broke up for good again after Junior Prom and several months later, I went to the regular checkup with the gyno and was diagnosed. Was treated right away but had Chlamydia for atleast 6 to 8 months before I was treated.

I did not know that this could cause infertility until a few years ago and am quite upset of not knowing if I have damaged my tubes as well. I am 33 now and married for 2 years and want to start trying to concieve but this incident is in the back of my head constantly worrying if i even can! I went to the Gyno about 2 months ago and told him I would be getting off Birth Control in December but explained my worries. He said that once I try and don't concieve in a year, then he would do further testing. Hell I am 33 and want to know now if I need to explore other options like invitro. I asked another doctor what is considered a long time to have Chlamydia before it causes damage and she said 6 months, there is a possiblity but how much, she could only determine that by a test called hysterosalpingogram which is an xray of the tubes while contrast dye is injected into the tubes. This will be able to determine if the tubes are open.

I hope this helps any but hopefully since you started this foroum in May, you will have concieved. definitly let me know because it will give me hope for my situation too. I decided myself to get off birth Control starting this month and use condoms or the old pull out method until december and claim I have been trying for 5 months already so i can get the test done sooner! I am only waiting because i am in Clinical for school studying to be a Respiratory Therapist and don't want be huge and pregnant running around the Emergency Room trying to save lives. Smile

Again good luck and keep me posted and I will do the same!
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2009
Well Peaches, even though I did not get a response from you the first time, I have some encouraging news. I too was worried about my tubes being damaged from Chlamydia when i had it from 6 to 8 months before being treated but I got pregnant 2 months after getting off birth control! So there is hope for others like us for the situation we are in. Let me know how your situation is going. I am sure future on lookers would like to know too! Hope things worked out for you!
|

replied August 12th, 2012
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OMG !!!

Ive been with my bf for 6 years. We broke up for ,3 months and in those 3 months i was once only with a guy. I go to the doctors and find out i have chlamydia and that im pregnant by this guy i wasonly with him ONCE. I took 4 pils then a week and a ghalf later i go to planned parenthod and get an abortion ... Im so wodrief i do NOT want to tell my bf i was with someone else.. And especially that i hot chlamudia.. Was it too soon to get the abortion? They said no sex for two weeks and also im worried to get PID. I want to be with my bf i should of waited to see if this were going to be fixed betwreen us HELP .. When should i go back to the doctor.. When can i have sex with my bf without protectoon i now want to have a baby with him i love him
|

replied August 12th, 2012
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OMG !!!

Ive been with my bf for 6 years. We broke up for ,3 months and in those 3 months i was once only with a guy. I go to the doctors and find out i have chlamydia and that im pregnant by this guy i wasonly with him ONCE. I took 4 pils then a week and a ghalf later i go to planned parenthod and get an abortion ... Im so wodrief i do NOT want to tell my bf i was with someone else.. And especially that i hot chlamudia.. Was it too soon to get the abortion? They said no sex for two weeks and also im worried to get PID. I want to be with my bf i should of waited to see if this were going to be fixed betwreen us HELP .. When should i go back to the doctor.. When can i have sex with my bf without protectoon i now want to have a baby with him i love him
|

replied December 11th, 2012
I have been given the medication for pid but I have not reserved my test result yet should get them in a couple of days. Do I start taken tr pills now or wait for results. I had a clear sti test in August when me and my partner spilt up we had about 3 months apart I didn't sleep with anyone in this time but can't talk for him lol.

I have symptoms of pid but as its only been 3 months since intercourse is this too soon to of went from clymida to pid I'm unsure as to how long it can change and don't want to strat tills if its something completely different
|