Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Chest tightness, back pain, eyes twitching, shortness of breath

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi, everyone. I don't know if this is in the right section but here I go... I've been experiencing a form of discomfort, as it's not really pain. I am 19 years old and it all started when I was around 17. I started experiencing shortness of breath where it would be a difficult to breathe in air into my lungs. The main problem that goes along with this is this chest tightness that I feel in the center of my chest. This tightness doesn't happen all the time and it comes up once in a while lasting for at least a week. Along with the chest tightness, there is always a back pain in between my shoulder blades. My mother tells me that it could be indigestion, and the pain DOES get worse when I swallow ANYTHING. However, I've read that it could be due to anxiety. When I was younger around 12-15, I've used to have stiff shoulders and shoulder pains when I was stressed. Now, I have the chest tightness & back pain, accompanied with the bottom eyelids (always on my right) twitching involuntarily. Sometimes my eyes shake left and right very rapidly (this is very rare but it happens every few months. My vision seems as if i am looking left and right so quickly that everything seems blurred for a second). I get very fidgety from time to time. I get anxious and I sometimes have a very deep feeling in my chest or stomache (like a deep gut feeling). Can anyone tell me what this would be? And if you need any more information regarding my health, I'd be willing to post it up as long as someone could have good diagnosis. I've never brought this to a doctor or anything due to financial problems.
Did you find this post helpful?
|