Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Chest pressure, numb arm, no relief.

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
A few nights ago, I noticed some dull ache in my chest and arm, it was not painful or sudden and came on slowly. The second night I experienced the same thing, but it had escalated into terrible pressure and numbness on my left side. It was so distressing and I was so overwhelmed I became hysterical with fear and had a full blown panic attack. It passed within a few hours and the chest pain subsided. Last night, same thing. My mother and I decided to take a trip to the E.R. just to be sure. ECG, chest x-ray, blood work, everything came back fine (I am an active 26 y/o female) and I was treated with something to calm me down and sent home with anti-inflammatory/pain killer. Tonight I felt as if something was tightly wrapped around my shoulder. My chest and left arm have this sensation of swelling although there is none. I started to lose it several times tonight, and I continually remind myself that I am healthy, and it is not what it feels like. It's so hard to ignore, it is so uncomfortable, it is frightening. The anti-inflammatory had no effect, I cannot sleep and I have a hard time sitting still. I plan on calling my doctor first thing in the morning, just a few hours from now. Any advice on what to do in the meantime? Has anyone felt this before? This is the worst feeling.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mermaidhair
|