Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

chest pains, sick to my stomach, Dizziness

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
User Profile
For the last almost three years I have been having chest pains, sick to my stomach, Dizziness and heart burn. I was told it was GERD yet I am less convinced of this every day. I have had 1 nuclear stress test, echo, and multiple EKG's in October/November of 2009. This past January I had a stress ECG test. All came back normal. I have had 2 EDGs that said everything was fine. I have high bp which is controlled with medication and anxiety. My question is that my heart rate is between 50 and 60 while at rest. Could all of this be cause by Bradycardia? I have not been diagnosed with this while I have had all these tests. Recently my left hand has been falling asleep. Should this worry me? What action should I take?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2012
Heart Disease and Heart Attack Answer A36006
Less that 6 ft tall and weighing 295 lbs! Your slow heart rate is fine and your symptoms are not caused by bradycardia and you have no evidence of heart disease. Heartburn is certainly characteristic of esophageal reflux, but you don't say whether this is being adequately treated.
You are grossly overweight. How about tackling that problem if you are interested in your basic health? After all, your weight is a significant threat to your long term wellbeing. Note that heartburn is made worse by coffee and alcohol.
Please be aware that I am unable to diagnose medical conditions online.

An easy-to-read book about the heart for lay persons. Available at major online book retailers and other fine bookstores.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.