Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Chest Pain Problems Exercising

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
For the last few months I've had pain on left side of my chest as well as armpit. Leaning forward in any direction makes it feel worse. Easy everyday things such as climbing a set of stairs or doing a lap in the pool make me feel dizzy and have an uncomfortable feeling of tightness in my chest area (not out of breath). Worse when lying down at night on back feels like my chest is being pressed on from the inside. Putting a heating pad on it helps some. Lastly, sometimes right before I fall asleep my body goes numb from the neck down for 5 to 10 seconds and and I'm unable to physically move. It almost feels like my heart stops. Afterwords I'm able to get up and can feel my heart rate increase rapidly. Usually after this event occurs the chest pain decreases and I fall asleep after. I am 20 years old.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2011
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Most of your symptoms do not appear to be due to any major problems, but could be mostly subjective or functional in nature.

You might consult your doctor for a complete examination and proper assessment of your symptoms and if needed start the necessary treatment.

|

replied July 30th, 2012
High blood preassure
I am suffering high blood preassure last 2 years but i am not using hbp tablets. Last two days i am suffering chest pain and some body problems. What medicine i will take sir. Plz reply sir
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.