Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

chest pain / lung pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I've smoked for about 12 years (just bought the patch)but have developed a persistent left side chest or lung pain over the last week. I noticed it got worse after smoking a cigar about a week ago. Just kind of feels generally sore but hard to breathe unless a breathe deep. Maybe like if I had a chest cold but only on one side. I'm 30 and set my quit date for tomorrow. Is this something I should check out?

THANKS
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 2nd, 2009
hi i was a heavy marijuana smoker and i also got those same pains but on both lungs and both middle chest bones, im going to get checked out for lung cancer, maybe you should to, you may think you dont have it but you never know, if you have asthma it may be part of the cause to, i hope this helps a little, peace
|
Did you find this post helpful?