Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Chest Pain for two weeks

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
So two week ago I experienced severe chest pain while sleeping. I woke up and it felt like someone was sitting on me and lasted about 5 min. Since then i have been feeling discomfort randomly in my chest around my heart, feels like someone is poking me with a needle or light squeezing. Also if I inhale really heavily it feel pain in the heart area. My blood pressure the last two days has been 138/98 and 161/105. Im fairly young, 21.

Thank You
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2012
Hello and welcome to e health forum. ‎

Actual diagnosis of your condition is not possible from the limited medical history provided.

The pain you have described appears to be in the epigastric region.

The common causes of such type of pain could be due to various conditions ‎including gastric reflux, Peptic ulcer disease, diffuse esophageal spasm, pneumonitis, musculoskeletal pain, etc.

Cardiac causes of such pain can include viral pericarditis, angina, myocarditis, etc. ‎

For the time being you can take Antacids like mylanta, tums, etc, and try to get some relief. In addition, ‎Omeprazole tablets can also be taken, to reduce the acid secretion. In case the above measures help, ‎they may indicate that you had gastritis or Gastric reflux disorder. ‎

You may consult with your doctor for a examination ‎and proper tests including blood tests, a chest X ray, EKG, cardiac enzymes, Echocardiogram, upper GI endoscopy or a CT scan, which will help in proper ‎diagnosis of the underlying condition. ‎

In addition, conditions like diabetes, hypertension, renal disorders also need to be ruled out and treated accordingly.

I hope this helps.‎

|

replied March 23rd, 2012
Im a 20 yr old male with high blood pressure and been having chest pain also. let me know if you get any answers. I'm heading to see my doctor tommorrow.
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.