Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Chest pain following stomach virus

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hello, I am a 22 year old male. Two nights ago I became very sick with diarrhea, vomiting, and dizziness. I could not keep an ice chip down for that night, but the next day I was able to drink. Today however, I'm feeling quite a bit better (still with a slight fever,) but my chest feels extremely heavy. Taking deep breaths is painful throughout my chest, neck, shoulders, back, but is not accompanied by coughing and clearing my throat produces nothing.

I am currently unemployed, or I would visit a doctor immediately. I have only been smoking for about 5 years, and I'm planning on quitting now.

Thank you in advance for your help,

-m
Did you find this post helpful?
|