Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Chest pain, dizziness and nausea after eating

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
I'm 26 years old and since about a week or so, I've been getting strange chest pains after eating. It's not constant and it usually gets paired with either nausea or dizziness or both. It doesn't feel like a severe stabbing, but more like someone is pushing on my chest and when I swallow food it some times feels like it pushes down on something that's already in the way. I have to say that I have drank a lot more alcohol over the last three weeks than I usually do, as I'm not much of a drinker mostly, but I've never had this happen before.

It kind of disturbs me and a few times it's almost pushed me in to a panic attack because when the dizziness does kick in, everything feels incredibly surreal. The reason I find it hard to stay calm is because I did have a panic attack about five years or so ago which gave me a similar feeling of surrealness, only much stronger.

I have not been to see my doctor yet as it's only been going on for a week, but I will try and see her this week. In the meantime I'm just hoping for some peace of mind really, because my brain always jumps to really severe conclusions which I know aren't very likely, but it just plagues my mind.

The only thing I ever had happen to me that was kind of similar, was a stomach problem which my previous doctor told me was stress. My body does tend to react very strongly to stress, but I hardly ever get stressed about things and can't really think of anything that would cause that for me at the moment.

Any words of wisdom would be most welcome.
Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|