Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Chest pain and tightness

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Does anybody know why I am experiencing pain & tightness across my upper chest but mostly on my left side? I am having a hard time telling if it is my breast that is hurting or if it is my heart, or if maybe it is just related to the muscle pain around my shoulder blades? This has lasted for a number of days, is worse at night, and painkillers don't help. I have been taking the antiinflamatory Naproxen for 4 nights now for a different reason and am wondering if it could be a cause? I know chest pain can happen when you panic, but for me it is the opposite -- I feel the chest pain and THEN I panic!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper smacky
|