Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Chest pain and marijuana

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
hi, im 14, was a heavy marijuana smoker till busted, so i stopped, but for the past few months ive gotten chest pains in my middle chest bones and sometimes feels like my lungs, i do have asthma and it has gotten a little worse. i just got done with bronchitis also. sometimes i can get a pain feels like a muscle but its in my back behind chest. im scared i may have lung cancer but im not sure, thanks for the help.
sincerely
dannyguess

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 3rd, 2009
Chest Pain Answer A8192
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am happy that I can help you.

You like to know whether you may have a lung cancer.

Lung cancer usually appears when people smoke for rather a long period of time, such as ten to twenty years. The time when the cancer appears depends on the amount of cigarettes smoked per day. People who smoke less that ten cigarettes per day are less at risk to develop lung cancer. However, smoking is the reason why smoker may experience breathing problems, such as often infection like bronchitis, worsening of the symptoms of underlaying asthma and etc.

Lung cancer may be presented with persistent cough or difficulties caused by the pressure of the cancer over the other organs, such as esophagus, nerves, veins and etc. Asthma and bronchitis may sometimes be presented with chest pain.

Given the symptom that you described, chest pain, it isn't likely that you may experience lung cancer. The difficulties that you feel may be caused by the asthma you already been diagnosed with. You may consider seeing your doctor for further advice and treatment options. Also you may consider quiting smoking not only marijuana but tobacco as well.

Please keep in mind that provide with medical information here only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor for further advice, diagnosis and treatment options.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.