Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

chest pain and left arm weakness

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
Hello. Ive been having chest pains at least twice a day, these pains are continuous and last for 2 or 3 minutes. Some are on my left chest, on the side and radiate to the middle. sometimes it starts in the front of my left chest and radiates to the back. and sometimes it just stays inside my left chest (behind my breast).
It started 3 weeks ago. Ive also been waking up in the middle of the night with my left arm and torso feeling very weak and the back of my head feeling numb.
Im getting a lot of dizziness right after i wake up, even if i dont stand up, my body feels very weak, and i feel faint. Mad

When im awake, im sometimes getting a really cold feeling in my stomach, and my body starts getting cold all over, and i feel dizzy again. (this happens any time of the day)

I havent changed my sleeping positions or anything like that, i normally just sleep with my belly up or down.

Ive been on atenolol for 3 years to treat blood pressure and arrhytmia, my heart rate used to be 130bpm while resting then. for the past 6 months my heartbeats have been around 60bpm or less.

Im 27y old, 140lbs, dont smoke or drink and in and good health.

thanks for your help! Valentina
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2013
Hello! Welcome on eHealth forum and hope you find a satisfactory answer to your query!

Well, since you have blood pressure and arrhythmia under treatment and are having chest pain radiating to left arm, please consult your doctor immediately or go to the ER for a 12 lead EKG. You should also get further follow up such as stress ECHO, and heart enzymes. Please consult your cardiologist on an urgent basis. I do not wish to alarm you because your symptoms can be due to gastric reflux, but because of your medical history, you are equally prone to heart attack and stroke. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.